Wednesday 27 December 2017

Vetoed

Pin It now!
I thought I had it all figured out. 
Nope.
Turns out shuttles have veto power, just as I feared last time.


This round was visualized in cream all along, so that the doily could be finished off with the aqua blue. But after doing a couple of repeats, it didn't look so good. The round seemed to cry out for the aqua blue right here.

But I did veto the application of picots -- scuttled down to just a pair of dot picots per repeat Can't leave everything to shuttles ;-D
Reason - so I can have more picots in the final round.

This was completed many days back & Agnieszka sent me the last round pattern. But I haven’t started - dithering on the colour choice ….
Should I add that dark green for the final round?  
Or should I continue with this aqua green – a broad round reflecting the inner one?
Decisions :-(
I won't be able to complete this before the new year. But if anybody wants to join in, 31st is the last date to inform her. 
And I might have a surprise guest - if my convincing powers can crack her shell ;-D With fingers crossed ...

My journey so far –

Who holds veto power in your tatting journeys ?

9 comments:

  1. Ah well, sometimes you just have to listen to the shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Jane, otherwise they just Refuse to move !!! :-D

      Delete
  2. It's so absolutely gorgeous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I can't seem to say anything new about this doily(I just read my last comment on the previous post of the doily).
      It would be awesome to see a gallery of all the participant's doilies in this challenge!! :)

      Delete
    2. Sue, I don't really like putting my readers through this (each step/row), but I'm also trying to keep my posts short ;-D
      As far as I know, Agnieszka will be displaying the works on her blog as they are completed. eg. Izabella's - http://frywolaga.blogspot.in/2017/11/projekt-pikotek-rzad-2.html
      Here's another participant - https://mojeroznerobotki.blogspot.dk/
      And you might get to see a Tollway Tatters' work in person ;-P

      Delete
  3. Aqua green it would match up with the zig zac rows.
    Beautiful and gorgeous pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess you are right, Margaret :-) Haven't yet started but will go with the aqua green.

      Delete
  4. I also agree with the aqua on the final round, since round 9 is not very thick anyway. Do show us when you finish it, I'm sure it will be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more than halfway around the last round, Lavi. And I did use the aqua :-D Will blog about it soon

      Delete